Pages

Fourni par Blogger.

The downsides of having a parrot?

mercredi 2 avril 2014




All parrots are loud. As I type this mine is screeching for me because she heard my SO and I talking.
Sleeping in isn't easy with a parrot that wakes up with the sun. I just woke up and so has Maeby. Luckily this doesn't bother me much because I'm an early riser.
Parrots are messy!! Some parrots are messier than others but there is always a mess to clean up.
I haven't experienced it personally yet, but hormones turn your sweet loving baby into a flesh hungry monster.
Traveling isn't easy with a parrot. You can't just leave your parrot at home and have someone come and feed it once a day like you can cats. Finding someone who's willing and capable of caring for your parrot can be tricky as well. Finding boarding isn't always easy either!
Parrots bite! Even the little parrots can bite and it can hurt. I've been bitten by three parrots in my life. A B&G macaw, a white capped pionus and a GCC. The GCC bite hurt the most and I had marks for a few weeks from it. Brutal.
I find with a parrot you have to have a pretty consistent daily schedule. This can be hard to keep up with if your work schedule changes frequently or if you have a terribly active social life. [ I am really struggling with coming up with the right wording for this]
That's all I can think of at the moment. I do have to say that the pros to owning a parrot outweigh the cons by far!'
What I'm most worried about is traveling, I normally don't travel much but I do tend to visit my parents around Christmas and for a couple of weeks during the summer. Without a car it's going to be difficult to bring the bird with me, my hope is that I'll be able to borrow one for those occasions.
Other than that I really don't have a problem with the other points you mentioned, as for having to get up a bit earlier I would consider that a bonus and a motivation.
Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of pros :), I just want to make sure that I know what it can be like at its worst so that I know what to expect.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire